top of page

SDAM

Public·16 members

I just learned about SDAM three days ago. It explains so much!

How come I can't remember who my groomsmen were, or the birth of my daughter? And yet, I can remember the births of my sons (not really; I remember seeing photos that I took at the time).

Why am I content to be a furniture salesman with no future aspirations?

My dad died July 3 during the COVID shutdown of 2020. But I almost forgot it this year, and am sure that I forgot it last year (maybe?).

I don't remember walking the stage at my high school or college graduations, and NEVER even realized this lack of memory until I started trying to remember things this week.

I've never been able to remember names. And my return customers from two days ago are usually unrecognizable until a coworker whispers, They were here last week.

I always order the same food at restaurants. My wife can remember every meal she's ever ordered at Red Lobster. "I think I'll try the snow crab this time," she might say. But, I have no idea which meals I've had in the past, and usually order the one thing - the one that seems familiar, because I order it every time.

scottscifi8727

I always love having the same foods too, definitely relate to that aspect of having SDAM. I wonder if there's a point where our actual taste buds might get used to the same foods, or if it's just a neurological pheonomia that SDAM lets us avoid.

About

For people to discuss their experiences with SDAM, and to co...
bottom of page